A DAY OF ANTI-INFLAMMATORY MEALS
- 1 pink lady apple chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 handful chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp raisins optional
- In a small bowl, add chopped apple, cinnamon, and honey.
- Stir in almond meal, chia seed, flax seed, hemps seeds, and raisins if using. Top with handful of walnuts, mix well and serve!
Lunch: Mediterranean Chicken Salad
- 1 lb chicken breast halves trimmed
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 1 tomato diced or 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- to taste Himalayan pink salt
- to taste black pepper
- First, place chicken in a pot and completely cover with water. Bring to a boil, and cook until chicken juices run clear and is tender, about 10-15 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and allow to cool. Shred with two forks and place in a mixing bowl.
- Next, whisk together oil and vinegar until combined.
- Finally, mix all remaining ingredients with the shredded chicken, toss well with oil and vinegar mixture, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bell peppers, in lettuce wrap, with gluten-free crackers, on gluten-free bread or wrap, or on a bed of greens! Enjoy!
Dinner: Black Bean Burgers
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño halved with seeds removed
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Add oats and pumpkin seeds to food processor or high speed blender and secure lid. Run until oats and seeds are broken down into a flour. Set aside this oat and pumpkin mixture in a mixing bowl.
- Add onion, carrot, bell pepper and jalapeno to food processer. Add enough water to just cover vegetables. Secure lid and “”Pulse” 8 to 10 times. Pour this mixture over a fine mesh strainer and press out liquid. Set aside strained veggies in another mixing bowl.
- Place 1⁄2 cup black beans in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining black beans to food processor with 2 tablespoon water and seasonings. Secure lid and run until smooth.
- Add bean blend to a mixing bowl and incorporate with other ingredients (unblended black beans, veggie mixture and oats and pumpkin mixture). Mix and combine all ingredients well. Allow mixture to sit while skillet heats up.
- Once heated add a small a amount of coconut oil to the skillet. Scoop 1⁄2 cup of mixture per patty and flatten with back of spatula.
- Cook patties until heated through and lightly browned on each side.
- Serve with hummus or salsa.