Here are some highlights:
Monitor your foods:
- During the holidays our foods are a little more rich, a little more sugary and a lot more yummy! Make sure you do not over indulge. Sugar is one of the most detrimental foods for your immune system.
- An Italian study showed that just a teaspoon of sugar can diminish the immune response by 60% for 12 hours! Not to mention that sugar feeds yeast/candida and if you’ve ever had an anti-biotic you are at risk for candida.
- So enjoy the cookies and yummy foods but remember moderation is the key, choose tiny plates or a napkin to hold your sweets and cut your portion size in half. Eat slowly to enjoy the tantalizing taste and you’ll have only half the calories and half the sugar!
Avoid excessive alcohol consumption:
- When we are at large social or family gatherings it is easy to have a few drinks just to enjoy the night or to relax ourselves in a stressful situation. Unfortunately, alcohol is a great stressor for the body when consumed excessively or regularly, again think moderation.
- Consider having a glass of wine or champagne then switching to water or seltzer with a twist. You can have another glass of alcohol, or not, maybe later. This will keep you from ingesting too much sugar from the alcohol and will keep you safe when it is time to drive home!
Emotions also can run high during the holidays, learn to take care of yourself emotionally:
- Avoiding excess alcohol when you are upset is especially important. Alcohol is stressful for your liver. The emotions associated with the liver are anger and resentment, not the emotions you want to be igniting during family and friend gathers!
- Morning meditation/prayer helps start the day with loving intentions and thoughts. You can go to this link todownload my meditation CD.
- We taught the tapping technique, a very effective emotional balancing technique, that you can do at home on your own. Go here for information, scroll down to the bottom for an instructional video and tap away! You’ll be glad you did! http://www.thetappingsolution.com/what-is-eft-tapping/
Utilize these suggestions to ensure you are in control of your body, your mind and your relationships.
May you have a blessed Christmas and may your family and friends fill your life with JOY!
Yours In Health Pyramid