- 1 cup whole grain, stone-ground corn flour (not cornmeal)
- ¼ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk (cow, soy or almond)
- ¼ cup canola oil or grape seed oil
- Heat oven to 400° F. Grease a regular-sized muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, blend both the flours, almond meal, tapioca starch, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and beat in the milk and canola oil. Add to the flour mixture, and stir just long enough to blend. Do not overmix.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin cups and bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.