How about you what would you like to change about your health and wellbeing? Or if you are healthy what is the one disease that scares you? The one you want to hedge your bets against at all costs?
Is it obesity?
Is it diabetes?
Is it heart disease?
Is it chronic fatigue?
Is it osteoporosis?
Is it Cancer?
There are many things we can do to support our health and maintain our best chance at being disease free, let’s review just a few.
1. Hydrate your body
Just as you need to clean your external body to be healthy it’s even more vital that you give your cells pure water to clean your insides. You have trillions of chemical reactions occurring throughout the day and each one of the reactions leaves a bi-product or waste product. Your cells need this water to cleanse and remove these bi-products out of you tissue and ultimately out of you body via your breath, your bowel movements and your urine. The appropriate amount for you to drink in ounces will = .66 x Your Body Weight. So for myself it is .66 X 125 lbs = 82.5oz per day. To figure out how many cups that is, divide by 8 (there are 8 ounces in one cup). I need to drink a little over 10 cups of water each day.
2. Cleanse your colon
We are all exposed to thousands of toxins everyday through the pesticides on our foods, the pollution in the air, the chemicals in our water and of course any medications we take. These toxins and our typical American diet leave us vulnerable to digestive imbalances which jeopardize our immune system, our blood sugar balance, our energy levels, our bones, our heart our body weight and leave us vulnerable to all of our diseases from cancer to diabetes to osteoporosis. When your liver and colon are not supported they cannot efficiently do their job… it’s like never taking the garbage out of your house! And when we never take the garbage out what shows up? That’s right, rats! They love garbage. Candida, parasites and other unhealthy microorganisms are the rats in our body. These microorganisms can cause leaky gut creating allergies, headaches, weight gain and disease.
3. Reduce the toxic burden in your body
The reason many of the diseases we see today appear with age is because over time these accumulated toxic burdens become greater, leading to the breakdown of tissue and organ function. Don’t let that happen. We have several medical foods and targeted nutrients that can stop and reverse this process! We also invested in an infrared sauna for our patients to help your body rid these toxins from your cells and pass them safely through your skin as sweat. Did you know 40% of your sweat is toxic material? And did you know that in an effort to protect you from these toxins your body has wisely deposited them in fat? Yep, so as we detoxify, guess what starts to melt away? You guessed it FAT!
Oh, and did I mention that by doing just these 3 health enhancing opportunities you will lose weight, reclaim a flatter tummy and lose the bloat that we all dislike? That’s right, we don’t lose weight to get healthy. When we get healthy we will lose weight…FAT weight, and maintain that healthy weight by managing our toxic burden!
CANCER PROOF YOUR LIFE EVENT!
It is proven that over 90% of cancer is lifestyle related and therefore greatly within your control!
Our commitment is to provide for you the scientifically based lifestyle approaches that are clinically proven to have an effect of your body’s health in all health related issues and specifically as they relate to cancer.
I will be speaking about inflammation and how it relates to cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis and diabetes. I will also show you how you can reverse the inflammatory process while sharing the 7 habits for health rejuvenation (3 are above) and the 3 must avoid common mistakes people make.
- Angelina Petrarca – Re-Write Your Story, Enjoy the process of releasing the old beliefs and applying new ones in the, yet to be written, story of you!
- Janet McKee – Laugh and enjoy Janet’s fun approach to cooking, never again be stuck asking “what should I cook tonight?”
- Elizabeth Cessna – Everyone knows and science acknowledges that prayer and meditation are vital avenues to enhance your life, health and spirit. Elizabeth will provide a guided meditation you can do at home and if you’d like to get started early you can download my guided meditation here!
- Donna Morosky-Donna was the director for women’s fitness at Carnegie Mellon University and is an advocate for all women to exercise for both their mental and physical health. Donna will discuss the importance of exercise even while undergoing cancer treatment and if you’d like to start exercising now Donna can be your instructor today! Just follow this link.
- Helena Trent-will take you on a movement journey as you slowly feel your own energy join with the group energy with Tai Chi. Tai Chi is like a moving meditation which gently engages all of your joint and muscles while slowing and relaxing your mind. You’ll want to incorporate these gentle movements into your life every day!
There will also be exciting vendors to speak to you about:
- Vital nutrient supplementation
- Cellular detoxification
- Unknown potential cancer agents in your home
- Acupuncture and Chinese medicine approaches
- Chinese herbs
- Hair piece support during chemo therapy
- Personal trainers
- Essential Oils
You will not want to miss this information fun packed event!
It happens October 22nd from 9am-3pm and is being held at Fox Chapel Golf Club, truly the view alone, at this time of year, is worth the price of the ticket!
Your ticket includes breakfast bites, a wonderful lunch and a pretty healthy dessert 🙂
Don’t delay sign up today, bring your friends and family and do everything within your power to Cancer Proof Your Life!
Started by Bonnie Diver to support hair pieces for people undergoing cancer treatment.